On March 3, 1963, Community Baptist Church was organized under the leadership of the late Reverend Wilmer Wright. We began having services in a barbershop at the corner of Willow Penn and Lakeland Avenue in Bristol, PA.
In 1965, due to the rapid growth of the church, the Lord blessed us and we moved to Beaverdam Road and Van Dyke Street in Bristol, PA.
The church was set apart in 1966 with the aid of the late Reverend Isaac Ballard and New Bethlehem Baptist Church of Trenton, NJ.
On March 2, 1987, Reverend Wilmer Wright retired after 24 years of faithful service as Pastor. In April 1987, Reverend Joseph R. Wright was installed as Pastor. That same year in August, we marched from our old place of worship to 1439 Ashby Avenue in Bristol, PA.
Reverend Wilmer Wright was called to his eternal rest on December 24, 1988. Since the passing of our founding Pastor, the church has grown both physically and spiritually. He instilled in us many fond memories and touched many lives during his years of service to the church as well as the community.
On May 23, 1996, God truly blessed us to purchase ten acres on Durham Road in Langhorne, PA. As the Lord has lead and guided the church to support the vision, our future development plans include a new sanctuary, fellowship hall, christian nursery and daycare, senior care, and finally a community outreach center with adequate facilities for our children.
In April 2010 we sold our church at 1439 Ashby Avenue in Bristol and we presently worship at 225 Radcliffe Street, Bristol, PA.
Win the Lost • Build the Believer • Equip the Saints